Namdalen Wilderness Lodge is located next to “langfjordvannet” a freashwater lake with an abundance of fish, This Lodge is a perfect location for fresh water fishing in Finnmark.
Imagine sitting around the open fire enjoying the midnightsun after catching the largest pike. Or the tension and exitement from sitting on the frozen lake in wintertime waiting for the trout to bite and the northern lights on the sky above. Namdalen Wilderness lodge is a beautiful place for fishing in spring, summer, autumn and winter.
Namdalen is perfect located in the Pasvik-area, the border area between Norway an Russia. Twenty kilometers south of Kirkenes (main regional city). There is a calmness and quietness in the midst of the forest, far away from the stress of the big cities and no traffic. Langfjordvannet is a rich lake vith 11 different species of fish. There is plenty of pike, grayling and trout. Short distance to the fjord for fishing in salt water. Catch large cod, halibut or the tasty King crab. In the immediate surroundings there is rivers and a abundance of smaller lakes also with fish waiting to bite. A few kilometers to the east lies Russia and ca 30 kilometers to the west is Finland.
Namdalen Wilderness Lodge is a small farm form the 1920′s. The name Namdalen was given to this location from the first settler to come here in 1869, ha came from Namdalen inoutside Trondheim. The farm was in use till the 1970′s when it bacame to complicated and not proffitable to run a farm so far north and with no road connection to the outside world. in the 1960′s there was a total of 6 farms in this area, none of witch is in opperation today.
We have 4 boats available all with outboard engines. from 8 – 35 hps
- Riverboat (wooden) 9 m, 4-6 passasjers
- Riverboat (wooden) 6 m, 2-4 passasjers
- Pioner (plastic boat) 3,5 m, 2-3 passasjers
- Aluminum boat 4 m, 3 Passasjers.
Boats and lifejackets is included.
Things to do in here:
- Fishing for king crab (Nok 1500,- / person included transfer. max. 12 persons )
- Ocean fishing for cod and halibut (Nok 1750 pr hour. + 100.- per person pr hour. we guarantee a catch.)
- Guided tour to “three borders point” – Meeting point of Norway, Russia and Finland
- Picking berries and mushrooms
Langfjordvannet is 8 kilometers long and between 0,4 – 1 kilometers wide.
How to get here
Flights can be made by www.sas.no or www.norwegian.no
Why not combine a trip on Hurtigruten, with a visit to Namdalen Wilderness Lodge. One of the Hurtigruten ships arrives in Kirkenes every day.
- Prices 1 week (7 days and 6 nights) 4990.- NOK pr person in double room included 2 boats. Minimum 2 persons. (guide first day is included, rest of the week is self service) Maximum 8 persons pr group. Perioden 20th of May til 5th of November. Please ask for prices if you like longer or shorter periods.
- Extra; Transfer Airport- Namdalen Nok 390.- pr person each way in buss and boat. Breakfast 190.-, warn lunch nok 270.-, Dinner Nok 550.- (3 cources) Must be ordered in advance minimum 24 hours 24 hours). Minimum 4 personer. Transportation of supplyes/food/drinks Nok 750.-
If you have any questions about fishing you are welcome to contact our fish-guide firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a selection of photos from Langfjordvannet.